During these uncertain times, our values – responsibility, care, and passion – have never been more important. In order to secure the wellbeing of our guests, colleagues and partners, we have set up procedures, plans and routines related to COVID-19.
To date, the spread of COVID-19 in Greece, compared to other European countries, is characterized as low. This is due to the preventing measures implemented by the Greek Government at an early stage, which we are closely following.
Please find below an update on the Health and Safety Guidelines we follow in order to ensure your wellbeing when you stay with us:
Individual Hygiene Measures & Personal Protective Equipment
- Rigorous cleaning and sanitisation of guest rooms and high-contact points using hospital grade agents, such as lift buttons, door handles, reception counter and public toilets.
- Hand sanitisers placed at guest contact areas, including hotel lobby, spa area and restaurants entrances.
- Social distancing measures embedded in all services for guest protection
- Restaurants and bars operation with reduced capacity to ensure adequate space and socially distant set-up.
- Training of food handlers and supervisors on safe food preparation and service practices.
- Personal protective equipment for all of our employees.
- Regular training of our employees ensuring proper hand hygiene and awareness of COVID-19 and a Hygiene Officer focused on implementing enhancements to already stringent procedures.
- Medical doctor available who acts according to the guidelines given by the National Public Health Organization (EODY).
- Health First certification by the National Public Health Organization.
- Implementation of the necessary hygiene and social distancing measures by our staff.
- When requested, Pelagos Hotel staff:
- informs visitors about the accommodation policy and the measures taken to deal with any incidents,
- provides useful information about health providers and pharmacies in area
- provides Personal Protective Equipment if needed.
- Provision of special equipment (medical kit) in the event of a COVID-19 case, such as gloves and disposable masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved robe, laser thermometer.
- Training of staff to recognize customer symptoms and report them directly to the Health Officer.
- Provision of hand sanitiser.
- Regular disinfection of the reception surfaces.
- Appropriate configuration of the reception, installation of floor markings at a distance of two meters indicating where guests should stand.
- Extension of check-in and check-out period between stays in order to avoid crowding. Check-out until 11:00am and check-in from 15:00.
- Electronic payment of accommodation expenses, electronic sending of bills, invoices and receipts.
- Disinfection of key cards.
- The housekeeping staff uses a surgical mask, gloves and a disposable waterproof robe.
- All surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Equipment is discarded in special bags.
- When using disinfectants, the area is well ventilated.
- The proper operation of washing machines in terms of the temperature used and the dosage of detergents are regularly monitored.
- Housekeeping services will be provided every two days during a guest's stay.
- Bed sheets and towels will be changed every three days during a guest’s stay.
- Guests are informed about when and how the room was cleaned with special signs.
- After a guest's departure, all room and bathroom surfaces are thoroughly disinfected with a steam cleaner.
- Fabric surfaces are also cleaned with a steam cleaner.
- Decorative items have been removed.
- Goods are received by a specific member of staff who is always required to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Kitchen staff is required to keep distances according to the guidelines set by the health authorities.
- All kitchen staff are required to strictly adhere to HACCP rules.
- Restaurant staff is taking all the necessary hygiene and social distancing measures.
- The maximum number of seated people at a table is six (6) except families with children.
- Minimum distances between tables have been applied.
- Service of beverages at guests’ dining table.
- All surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Common areas are well ventilated.
- Hand sanitisers have been installed in all common areas of the hotel.
- Special signs have been placed to deter guests from using the lifts. Lifts are frequently cleaned.
- Signs have been installed to remind customers to practise social distancing.
- Overcrowding in toilets in public toilets is prohibited.
- Suspension of service of the indoor pool located at the Serenity Spa area.
- Gym is operated at a strict schedule and only two people can work out at the same time. Guests are advised to book an appointment in order to visit the gym.
- Social distancing measures for swimmers.
- Minimum distances between sunbeds have been applied.
- Guests are advised to use antiseptic gel and the shower before entering the pool.
We will conduct regular meetings with our employees to review any relevant situation. The Management of Pelagos Suites Hotel & Spa is in constant communication with the relevant health and travel authorities to keep our guests and employees updated and to advise them on appropriate measures to observe.
Our thoughts are with everyone affected around the world and with everyone working tirelessly to help those in need.
We remain positive and we are working towards making your visit an unforgettable experience.
Looking forward to welcoming you!
See the latest news and updates on the World Health Organization website and
on the Greek National Public Health Organization